Youth Advisory Board
CONGRATULATIONS YAB MEMBERS FOR PASSING BILL S2789/A3793 INTO LAW!
The mission of the NBF Youth Advisory Board (YAB) is to empower youth to make a difference by providing a viable, established channel for students to express their ideas and develop recommendations for traffic safety projects. This program is currently offered to only students attending West Orange High School.
Participants in the YAB will evaluate community traffic safety issues, generate ideas for productive change, develop specific traffic safety improvement plans for consideration, and work with the NBF and the West Orange Township and relevant organizations to implement an approved and finalized version of the plans.
- Passed Bill S2789/A3793 into law. The law requires permit holders under 21 years to complete a minimum of 50 hours of supervised driving of which 10 is in darkness.
- Three-time winners of the U Got Brains Champion Schools Program presented by Brain Injury Alliance of NJ
- Recognized by the Traffic Officers Association of Essex County Timothy Larney Memorial Traffic Safety Education & Enforcement, named Graduated Drivers License Champions by the Teen Safe Driving Coalition of New Jersey
- Collaborated to create a street mural to reduce speed in West Orange roadway
- Educated over 400 Freshmen students on safe driving practices and 400 elementary school students on pedestrian and bike safety
- Hosted two Traffic Safety fairs
- Launched Distracted Driving Awareness Campaign in West Orange; created a powerful PSA